We are offering one Drosera adelae plant MEDIUM SIZE (2-3 inches) shipped bare root, please refer to pictures. We highly recommend the Pot + Media option, packaged separately for safety. We combine shipping on multiple orders, if your order doesn’t automatically combine please message us.
Belonging to a trio of Sundews known as the Sisters of Queensland (D. adelae, D. prolifera, D. schizandra) these plants love high humidity and low light making it perfect for terrariums. The leaves are covered in rows of sticky hairs that catch small insects (flies, gnats, ants, spiders) while the dew digests and absorbs nutrients naturally lacking in the soil.
Please do some research before purchasing these plants, as they need specific care requirements.
General carnivorous plant care guide
- Light = 8+ hours full sun/12+ hour grow light
- Water = Reverse Osmosis/Distilled/Rain water only, tap water may kill your plant.
- Media = Well draining media. 50/50 Peat moss/perlite or sand. 100% sphagnum moss works well. Do not use Miracle Gro products or products with added nutrients or fertilizers, it will kill your plant.
Unpacking and acclimating plants
- Please give your plant some time to acclimate to its new home (several weeks), do not expose to direct full sun immediately.
- Start plant in shade/dappled light and slowly expose to full sun over time, some plants do not require full sun and prefer dappled light.
- Some plants may need to be given high humidity due to shipping stress or being sent out bare root, in this case, please bag or dome the plants and slowly acclimate to lower levels over time.
- We will NOT be liable for any loss or damage during delivery including weather (cold/heat damage).
- We will NOT be liable for any misplanting/mishandling of plants/seeds.
- We will replace/refund plants that arrive dead due to shipping stress, and NOT weather, carrier damage related, or user error. If this happens please message us within 24 hours upon receiving your order.
- By placing your order, you agree to these terms and conditions.