We are offering ONE tropical, complex hybrid Nepenthes plant (~2 inches across) shipped bare root, we highly recommend the Deluxe Pot option. These plants are 1 year old superior crosses from the lowland collection of Manny Herrera, including rare parentage like 'Black Miracle'; one-of-a-kind, seed grown hybrid's you won't find anywhere else. We combine shipping on multiple orders, if your order doesn’t automatically combine please message us.
Nepenthes (Pitcher Plants) are typically found in nature in either tropical or highland regions. Tropical (lowland) nepenthes are adapted better to humid, partly sunny conditions as they grow near to the forest floor. Highland nepethes, on the other hand, grow toward the cooler, alpine tops of mountains. The pitchers produced by these plants are capable of trapping and digesting most insects that fall prey to the nectar under their lids. Fun to grow and impress your friends with :)
Please do some research before purchasing these plants, as they need specific care requirements.
Quick Nepenthes Care Guide (after acclimating for 1-2 weeks)
Light: Partial sun 8-12 hours
Water: Distilled water. Keep soil damp but never stand in water.
Media: 50/50 Pure Sphagnum Moss/Perlite or Peat Moss/Perlite, well draining.
Unpacking and acclimating plants
- Please give your plant some time to acclimate to its new home (several weeks), do not expose to direct full sun immediately, start plant in shade/dappled light and slowly expose to full sun over time, some plants do not require full sun and prefer dappled light.
- Some plants may need to be bagged and given high humidity due to shipping stress or being sent out bare root, in this case, please bag or dome the plants and slowly acclimate to lower levels over time.
- We will NOT be liable for any loss or damage during delivery including weather (cold/heat damage).
- We will NOT be liable for any misplanting/mishandling of plants/seeds.
- We will replace/refund plants that arrive dead due to shipping stress, and NOT weather, carrier damage related, or user error. If this happens please message us within 24 hours upon receiving your order.
- By placing your order, you agree to these terms and conditions.